The oldest information on the construction dates back to the seventh century. In 1110 it was incorporated into the castle built in the local district, between Mogliano and Montolmo (Corridonia), called Poggio Santa Lucia. Over the centuries it has been restored several times, one of which was in 1616 documented by a recently restored old mural painting, which is thought to have been painted in 1619. The painting depicts the Virgin Mary with Child and Saints Lucia (on the right) and Carlo Borromeo. Among the valuable works found inside there is a seventeenth-century canvas with the image of the saint and a reliquary bust.