Santa Maria da Piedi

Set in the walls, next to the Levante gate, it took the name of Santa Maria “a pede castri”. The adjacent Gothic arch preserves the iron hinges of the doors which were closed at sunset after the tolling of the Ave Maria. On the ancient wall, above the arch, there are still five recesses of as many coats of arms that were removed by Napoleon’s soldiers after the battle of Tolentino (1797).


Nome della tabella
Construction century XVII

torna all'inizio del contenuto
torna all'inizio del contenuto
This is the section of the institutional site of the Municipality of del Comune di Mogliano dedicated to tourism. For information regarding the organization, go to the home
This site is made by TASK according to the main accessibility rules | Credits | Privacy | Legal notices